July at the Macon County Health Department
We have some events to make note of in July:
· We will be pairing with the Missouri Department of Social Services to offer FREE vision screenings on July 20th from 10 am- 2 pm. These are for school age children and up. Appointments are preferred, but walk ins are welcome. Appointments can be made by calling 660-395-4711. Flyer is attached.
· We are hosting our 2nd annual Macon County end of summer Health fair on Saturday, July 29th from 10 am- 12 pm at the La Plata Christian Church (120 W. Moore St. La Plata, MO). We will have activities for all ages including our smoothie bike, outdoor games, free child ID kits, and lots of family fun to encourage a healthy start to begin the school year.
We continue to offer our general services throughout the month of July to help with your family’s health:
· WIC services are offered on Mondays and Tuesdays.
· We have required and recommended childhood and back-to-school immunizations. Check back-to-school immunizations off your list early this year, there are required back-to-school immunizations for children entering kindergarten, 8th grade, and 12th grade. We can bill insurance or offer vaccinations through the VFC program to those who are uninsured or underinsured. Call for an appointment or to talk with our knowledgeable nurses at 660-395-4711 or request an appointment online.
· We continue to offer immunizations against COVID-19 for ages 6 months and up, by appointment.
· Low-cost blood draws, TB tests, blood pressure checks, cholesterol screenings, pregnancy tests, STD treatment and testing, PT/INR fingersticks, and more.
· We have free naloxone available for pick up, which is a nasal inhalant that can reserve the effects of an opioid overdose to help prevent death. This is free and confidential to anyone who picks it up.
Call for an appointment at 660-395-4711 or walk in during business hours for services!
Please support the Macon County Home Press by subscribing today!