Here’s what’s happening at the Macon County Health Department the week of July 25th –
1. WIC certifications and pick-ups – Monday & Tuesday.
a. This is the last week to pick up for July benefits, if you haven’t already. The increase in fruit and vegetable cash benefit for $24 for children, $43 for prenatal, and $47 for fully breastfeeding women continues through September.
1. Back-to-school immunizations – school is starting just around the corner, make sure your children are up-to-date on their required and recommended childhood vaccinations. We try to keep appointments on Wednesdays to ensure we have enough nurses.
2. COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters – Thursday, July 28th by appointment. Everyone ages 6 months and up are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. If you have questions about when you are eligible for your booster, check our website or call and speak with one of our knowledgeable nurses. COVID-19 vaccines help protect against severe illness, hospitalization, and death due to COVID-19.
3. Bed Bugs Training – Thursday July 28th at 9 am at the Comfort Inn.
4. Closed from 11 -1 on Thursday July 28th for a staff meeting.
Upcoming events –
1. End of Summer Health Fair on August 6th from 9 – 12 at Floral Hall (Macon County Fairgrounds). Activities for all ages to encourage healthy living. We hope you can join us!
2. Safe Sitter Training – August 11th and August 16th at 9 am. We had an overwhelming response to the Safe Sitter class we announced last week, added a second date, and filled that up too!! We are starting a waiting list to see about opening up a 3rd class or if someone cannot attend who has signed up already. Safe Sitter is for students in grades 6-8 to teach them skills to stay home alone, watch siblings, or to start babysitting.
Please support the Macon County Home Press by subscribing today!